Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Double Cookie n' Cream Bars

I was in the mood to bake up something sweet. I was also trying to make up for being a grumpy witch. I have learned the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Same applies to Ryan. So, Sabrina the grumpy witch makes Ryan super sweet, tasty Double Cookie n' Cream Bars and all is forgotten! 

Warning: These bars are dangerous, especially served warmed. Pair it with ice cream and hot fudge and you may literally lick the plate clean. I messed up my first attempt at these. I put the pretty, finished pan in the oven, and ten minutes later I realized I had forgotten the baking soda. For those of you that don't know, leaving out baking soda will prevent cookies from rising. In order to avoid a completely flattened, ruined pan of Double Cookie n' Cream bars, I ditched them and completely started over. Major FAIL! However, once I took a bite, the 3 hours of work was well worth it! 


Double Cookie n' Cream Bars

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
12 Oreo, crushed
Bag of fun-sized Hershey Cookies n' Cream bars

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 inch baking dish with foil, and spray with non stick spray.
In an electric mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar.  Beat for at least 2 minutes, until it is light and fluffy.  Mix in the egg and vanilla.  Add flour, baking soda, and salt.  Stir to combine.  Fold in chocolate chips, and Oreo pieces.
Press 1/3 of the dough into the prepared baking dish.  Place 5 rows of Hershey’s Kisses onto of the dough.  Gently press the remaining cookie dough over the top of the Kisses.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (If you like your cookies soft, I highly suggest under-baking them). Allow to cool completely before serving. 
Recipe courtesy of Picky Palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment